Optimising your Marketing Video Production
An effective marketing video can push your brand to the forefront of the internet. In order to do so, you need to have a holistic content strategy for your videos to ensure they perform as effectively as possible. It truly is a marriage of video production and marketing expertise to optimise a video for the internet. This runs through every step of production from your research and planning through to your editing and publishing plan. Keep in mind that your content is competing for the limited attention of an internet user, so if it does not meet their requirements, it simply will not be viewed.
Research your audience
Researching your target audience is an essential part of creating a successful marketing video production campaign. Gaining insight into who your audience is, what their needs are, and how to effectively reach them is key to producing content that will engage and convert viewers. It is important to consider demographics such as gender, age, geographic location, interests, and even browsing history when conducting target audience research for video production marketing. Mobile devices like smartphones and tablets often make up between 30% – 60% of all video views, which means your videos should well optimised for smaller screens and a user that is typically on-the-go. Knowing who your potential customers are can help you create content that resonates with them and drives results.
Create a series of videos
Creating a series of marketing videos is an effective way to engage customers and reach new audiences. Videos can be used to share your brand’s message, showcase products or services, and explain complex topics in easy-to-understand ways. When creating a series of videos, it is important to have a clear goal for what you want to achieve and make sure the content resonates with your target audience. Additionally, having a plan for the duration of the video series helps ensure that each episode is valuable and consistent with one another. You can also consider enhancing existing website articles with your videos as a form of complementary content to help push your SEO. With well-developed marketing videos, your brand will gain more visibility and trust from potential customers, particularly if you are posting them on a consistent basis.
Optimise your Marketing Video Production interactivity
To optimise your marketing video for better interactivity, focus on creating content that is relevant to your target audience and resonates with them. Use engaging graphics and visuals to capture viewers’ attention and make the video easy to understand while keeping it interesting. Utilise interactive elements such as polls, call-to-actions, surveys and quizzes to invite potential customers to engage with you. Give viewers a convenient way to access the content by providing social media links or website URLs at the end of the video. QR codes are another great way to simplify navigation, especially for all the users on mobile devices.
A/B testing is a powerful way for businesses to optimise their marketing videos. Through this method, businesses can see which versions of a video are performing better and make adjustments accordingly. By putting variations of a video in front of different audiences, businesses can learn insights about what type of presentation resonates best with their target audience. Businesses are then able to create their final product with confidence knowing it is likely to perform well and deliver the desired ROI. Keep in mind with A/B testing that every new video will require different variations, so stick to a couple and expand them as you go. Those insights will carry over to all the additional videos you create, so simplify the process before expanding your videos.
Set up your Marketing Video Production analytics
Setting up analytics for marketing videos is an essential part of measuring the success and effectiveness of your video campaigns. With the right analytics platform, you can easily track how many people watch your video, where they are located, what percentage of them watch all the way through, and more. You can also use the analytics data to determine how well different types of videos perform in various parts of the world, and make adjustments accordingly to maximise your results. Analytics can help you better understand your target audience and fine-tune your message in order to create content that resonates with them. When reviewing your video analytics make sure to gain insights from an experienced marketer, as each metric has contextual insights that may alter your strategies.
Why production value matters for Marketing Videos
Marketing videos are an important tool in any successful marketing campaign. They are a way to showcase products, services, or initiatives in an engaging manner that resonates with consumers. When trying to create convincing content, the quality of a video is just as important as the content it presents. Production value plays a large role in how effective a marketing video production can be, and there are several reasons why producers should prioritise production value when creating videos for digital campaigns.
First and foremost, production value affects how viewers perceive the video’s subject matter. Quality visuals will create more interest in the message being conveyed, as well as make it easier for viewers to understand and retain what they have seen. In contrast, low-quality visuals can make it difficult to follow along with what’s happening on screen and quickly turn people away from the video content altogether.
Second, production value significantly influences the emotions that viewers feel while watching a marketing video. High production values generally indicate excellence and professionalism—traits which viewers associate with reliable brands or services. This allows companies to build trust with their audience by demonstrating expertise through visuals alone. On the other hand, low-quality visuals will not only detract from the message but also portray the product or service in a negative light since they will be perceived as having been made hastily or using cheap materials. I mean, imagine a client arrives at your office, but the front desk looks like the inside of a teenager’s bedroom…That will leave a lasting negative impression of your company and brand as a whole.
Finally, production value can play an important role in setting a video apart from its competition by creating unique visuals that capture attention and create buzz about whatever brand or product is featured in it. Higher quality visuals will help attract more views which often translates into increased sales opportunities for businesses hoping to gain customers from their marketing efforts. Conversely, lower quality videos may be overlooked by potential customers who cannot distinguish them from standard ads or promotions created by competitors.
There is, of course, a happy medium to achieve when it comes to production value. Spending all kinds of additional budget on things that sparkle and shine starts to produce diminishing returns. This is a tricky tight-rope to traverse, one that requires a great deal of experience to truly finesse. Which is why you need to be working with an experienced video production company. They will be able to guide you on the ‘bells and whistles’ that truly enhance your content, while steering you away from the unnecessary and expensive ‘fluff’. In addition, creativity goes a long way in improving a marketing video’s production value, which is once again directly tied to the experience of the producer.
In conclusion, production value is essential for any marketing video production campaign as it has a significant impact on how audiences perceive the brand or product being showcased as well as how memorable and engaging they find the content overall. Investing time and resources into higher production values is therefore necessary if one hopes to make an impactful impression on their target market through visual media.
Marketing Video Production concepts
Showcase your product or service in action with customer testimonials.
- Keep it short and to the point: Testimonial videos should be concise yet powerful, so make sure you get your main points across in under two minutes.
- Choose the right customer: When selecting a customer for a testimonial video, make sure to choose someone your target audience can relate to. Also look for customers who are enthusiastic about your product or service and able to speak convincingly about their experiences with it.
- Create an engaging story: You want your customer’s story in the video to be interesting and engaging, so think of creative ways to structure it that will capture their attention and keep them engaged throughout. For larger organisations we tend towards company documentaries as they can be combined with larger socio-economic issues to present the impact of the company on its community.
- Ensure quality production: Poor quality videos reflects negatively on your business, so ensure that all aspects of production are of the highest standard – from lighting, sound quality, camera angles and editing techniques.
- Leverage social media: Once your video is done, leverage social media platforms like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook to promote it and generate more followers for both you and the customer featured in it.
Create a tutorial or explainer video that helps viewers better understand how to use your product or service.
- Keep It Short and Focused: Explainer videos should be as concise as possible, with a maximum length of one to two minutes. Focus on the key message that you want to convey and keep it simple and clear.
- Show Visuals: Adding visuals to your explainer video can help viewers better understand the concept you are trying to explain. Use relevant images and graphics to illustrate the points in an effective way. Animation is the perfect medium for complementary content as it can be used in conjunction with traditional video.
- Use Audio Carefully: Include only necessary audio for the explainer video and make sure the audio used is of good quality and clearly audible.
- Engage Viewers: Make sure your explainer video engages viewers from beginning to end by creating a story that captivates their attention. Focus on keeping your viewers interested in what they are watching so they that your whole message comes across.
- Add an Emotional Twist: Create a connection with your audience by adding an emotional twist to your explainer video – something that resonates with them on an emotional level, whether its humor, sadness or joy.
- Showcase Your Brand: Do not forget that an explainer video offers a great opportunity for showcasing your brand identity and values in a creative way. Make sure you include elements such as fonts, colors, logos etc., that best represent your company in the video’s design aesthetic
Make a video that highlights the unique features of your product or service.
- Showcase the most important features of your product or service.
- Demonstrate how your product or service can solve customer pain points or provide a benefit to them.
- Share customer testimonials and success stories about how customers have benefited from using your product or service.
- Make sure the visuals capture the attention of your audiences with an engaging story and creative shots to help them understand the value of what you’re offering.
- Keep it simple and clear, letting viewers focus on what they need to know without distractions.
Looking to start your own marketing video production campaign? Get in touch with our team today!
We are a leading video production company in Johannesburg and have one of the top learner management systems in South Africa. We specialise in Video Production, Photography, Graphic Design, eLearning Development, Web Design, Animation and Creative Consultation. | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.oliverkarstel.co.za | IG.com/oliverkarstel